Scarlet Knights Soccer Club
Provides a competitive soccer experience for home school students. Our purpose is to
Develop Christian character
Be an example of Christ’s love and
Develop soccer skills.
Scarlet Knights soccer season is from August – October and we practice and play on Tuesday & Thursdays evenings and Saturday mornings.
Our home field is Bullis Park in Macedon NY.
Contact: email@example.com for more information
Please be sure your children come prepared to practice. Players need to bring.
President – Clay Phillips
Vice President – Ray Marshall
Secretary – Mary Finn
Administrator / Varsity Rep – Aly Marshall
Treasurer – Mindy Cunningham
Boys Varsity A Team
The Boys Varsity A team is our most competitive Boys Varsity Team. They participate in the WNYCAA league and they also travel and play in tournaments, which could be an additional cost to participate on this team. All Boys Varsity players tryout together, and the top 14-16 are selected depending on the number of players for that year. The team is comprised mostly of 11th and 12th grade players, but 9th and 10th graders make the team as well.
Tournaments They may participate in:
Binghamton Tournament – Mid September
National Christian School Tournament – end of Oct
National Homeschool Tournament – end of Oct.
The season begins officially with practices in August, and games and tournaments through October. Practices are Tuesday and Thursday from 6-8 PM (varies slightly as year goes on due to games , and sometimes they will have Saturday practices.) Games are usually Tuesday and Thursday evenings, but an occasional Monday night game happens as well. They sometimes will have offseason indoor practices once a week Feb – April and have optional once a week practices June – July.
Boys Varsity B Team
The Boys Varsity B Team is comparable in many ways to a Junior Varsity team. It provides a competitive arena for players who did not make the A Team. They will play in the WNYCAA league, like our A team, and has mostly competitive games in that league. Usually there are a few teams that they are overmatched against, but the majority of their games are competitive. They may or may not practice with the A team, it depends what the varsity coaches want to work on and develop that year. The B Team is mostly comprised of 9th and 10th grade boys, but it often has 11th and 12th grade boys who become team leaders and mentors to the other boys. The season is the same as the A team, practices are in August and league games Sept to the end of October. The B team does not participate in tournaments. Practices are Tuesday and Thursday from 6-8PM (varies slightly as year goes on). Games are usually Tuesday and Thursday evenings, but an occasional Monday night game happens as well. Players on the B Team are invited to the optional offseason practices with the A Team.
Girls Varsity Team
The girls varsity are the same description as the boys. If there are enough players they too will field an A and B team.
In the event we don’t have enough players to field an A and B team at either boys or girls, the coach may offer players that didn’t make the team a pool player position. Please see our SOPP’s for complete description.
Co-ed Modified Teams
These teams are for boys and girls in the 5th-8th grade, ages 10-14 who are educated at home. They play in a local Christian School league. Each year we will evaluate how many players we have, how many will be needed to fill the Varsity teams, and then decide how we will arrange the Modified Teams. We divide up the players based on skill level, as well as dividing up the teams evenly. Each year will be evaluated separately and announced before the season begins. Our teams are very competitive in their league and are an excellent starting point for your son’s or daughter’s soccer experience.
- Develop Christian character among its participants through the game of soccer and the relationships that are developed in the program.
- Be an example of Christian love and character to the world around us, including opposing teams and their parents, referees, and anyone else we may interact with.
- Develop a child’s individual, team, and tactical soccer skills.
- Provide a competitive soccer experience for home school students.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe there is one GOD, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Genesis 1.1, Matthew 28.19
- We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ. John 10.30, Revelation 1.8
- We believe in the present ministry of the person of the Holy Spirit. John 14.15, 16
- We believe a follower of Christ has had a conversion of the heart. Jeremiah 31.33
- We believe the Bible to be the inerrant GOD breathed Word of God. 2 Timothy 3.15-17
- We believe in the resurrection of the saved and the lost; those who are saved by faith in the finished work of Christ to the resurrection of life, and those who are not unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5.28, 29
- We believe that the church’s primary mission is to display the glory of God. Ephesians 3.21
For more information:
SOPPs of the Scarlet Knights Soccer Club
(Standard Operating Policies and Procedures)